Friday, September 17, 2010

Indigo wigs out

A month ago, I posted about my favourite budget airline Indigo's new look. I wrote about the short bobs all the flight attendants were sporting: When it works, it looks great in a chic French way. When things go wrong, the hair seems wig-like..."

It now seems the hair looked like a wig because it WAS a wig. A number of flight attendants didn't want to cut thier tresses, and were given the wig option. Now, in a further relaxation of rules, Indigo is allowing long hair to be pinned up neatly. I knew that would happen sooner or later. My final comment in that previous post was: "I wonder how long it will be before a very Indian combination of laziness, love of long hair and hatred of regimentation leads flight attendants to protest the airline's extended uniform." Not long at all it turns out; the uniformity lasted all of one month.

7 comments:

seana graham said...

You are a very prescient sort of guy, Girish.

Girish Shahane said...

The sweetest phrase in the language: I told you so.

seana graham said...

Yet one we must constantly bite our lips from saying.

Except against corporations, so go ahead.

Anindita said...

Having taken two Indigo flights in the past week, I'm having a late A-ha! moment. Thank you Girish. You are prescient and all that.

Girish Shahane said...

:)

Mohammed Musthafa said...

'The sweetest phrase in the language: I told you so'

How true!

Anindita said...

f.y.i, you have 'informed' a Mint blogpost: http://blog.livemint.com/livelounge/2010/09/the-curious-case-of-stewardess-hair/