Monday, January 4, 2010

Kingfisher Ultra

My friend Adrian, a beer connoisseur and real ale enthusiast, has posted his list of the ten best brews in the world. I'm not much of a drinker myself, but have recently discovered a beer I love, Kingfisher Ultra.


Those of you who've tasted this new product might be muttering, "Well, if that's your favourite beer, you can't be much of a drinker." I've read a couple of reviews of Kingfisher Ultra, and they haven't been enthusiastic; the beer is sweetish, mild, malty and super-smooth, which happens to be the way I enjoy it.
While I'm at it, let me confess I also like Vanilla Coke, and feel really bad that it tanked in India and was withdrawn soon after launch.

7 comments:

Banno said...

seems like my kind of drink :)

Girish Shahane said...

Do try, and let me know what you think. I'm hooked.

Kingfisher World said...

Glad that you liked our beer. And thanks for the nice words :)

Cheers,
Team Kingfisher

adrian mckinty said...

Girish

There's really nothing better than a 750ml Kingfisher to go with Indian food. They're owned by Scottish and Newcastle I think who also make one of my favourites: Newcastle Brown Ale.

Girish Shahane said...

A few years ago, Scottish and Newcastle bought a stake in United Breweries, the producer of Kingfisher, which is controlled by Vijay Mallya. I think S&N was then taken over by some other company, but Mallya's the man as far as Kingfisher goes. Glad you like the original Kingfisher, I think it compares reasonably with most of the widely distributed beers I've tasted, certainly goes well with prawn curry and rice on a beach in Goa.

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

Might try that...though Corona, with half a lemon wedged expertly in the neck of the bottle by the bartender, is my favourite.

Girish Shahane said...

Corona's definitely on my favourites' list as well.